Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Zzzzzz...

I am sleep typing right now...

Too tired to say anything of any significance, but I did want to type up the recipe that I tried tonight.

Eggplant Parmesan over Spaghetti

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 large eggplant
  • 1-2 cups Italian bread crumbs
  • 3 egg whites
  • EVOO
  • 3/4 cup part-skim Mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Romano cheese
  • 2 cups sliced mushrooms
  • 1 small onion chopped
  • 1/2-1 green pepper 
  • 1 jar spaghetti sauce
  • 1 Tbs minced garlic
  • finely chopped herbs (parsley, oregano, thyme, basil, etc)
  • salt and pepper to taste

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Sauté onions, garlic, green peppers and mushrooms in EVOO.   Drain and set aside. Wash eggplant and dry with clean cloth. Cut off thin slice at both ends and discard. Do not peel. Cut into 1/2 inch to 1 inch slices. Dip in egg and then in breadcrumbs. Arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees, turn the eggplant slices over, and bake until crisp and golden, about 15 minutes longer.  Set aside.   Combine the cheese and herbs in a mixing bowl. Set aside. Put some of the sauce mixture into a baking pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Alternately layer breaded and browned eggplant, onion/mushroom/green pepper/garlic mixture, cheese/herb mixture, and sauce in pan. Repeat until all ingredients are used up. Cover with heavy- duty foil. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Let rest 15 minutes and then serve over spaghetti. 

Sorry...no pics.  I got the recipe from www.recipe4living.com...but I changed it quite a bit to make it my own.  

It was really good!  My fiance even liked it...which means that it must have been awesome:)  

I really want to write more about how I went into shock when I calculated how many calories are in a cup of spaghetti, but I am waaayyyyyyy to tired (for the record, I only ate 1/2 cup).  

New schedule is kicking my butt...G'Night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment