Chipotle Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa Verde
- 1/2 onion
- 1 jalapeno, quartered, seeds optional
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 4 medium tomatillos, (about 8 ounces) husked, rinsed, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound small shrimp (about 40), peeled and deveined
- 8 corn tortilla
- 8 sprigs cilantro for garnish
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
DirectionsPut the onion, jalapeno, and garlic in a food processor and finely chop. Add the tomatillos, avocado, and salt and pulse until chopped but still chunky. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cilantro.
Heat a stovetop or outdoor grill to medium-high. Mix the olive oil, chipotle or chili powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Grill the shrimp until translucent, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side.
Heat tortillas, until slightly charred and pliable, about 20 seconds per side. Spoon sauce on the tortilla, then top with about 6 shrimp and a sprig of cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge on the side.
Adapted from foodnetwork.com.
For the orginal recipe, go to http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/chipotle-shrimp-taco-with-avocado-salsa-verde-recipe/index.html.