Sunday, May 30, 2010

I'm Glad That I Don't Really Have a Following

I would just like to say that I am really glad that no one really reads anything that I post...because if they did they might be a bit disappointed with me.  Cheating on Day One?!?!  Really?!  How bad is that? 

It started with the pretzels.  I got so hungry while at my mom's house that I grabbed a bag of pretzels.  Knowing that I had already cheated for the day, the next logical thing to do was to get in the car and head to Red Lobster, right?  Well, one glass of white wine, a fourth of a Caesar salad, one cheese biscuit, a serving of mashed potatoes (with that creamy lobster sauce) and six fried shrimp later, I am full.  Not super full...I won't be having a food hangover tomorrow.  I'm just full enough not to need anything else to eat for the night...well, except a half of a Mrs. Field's cookie sandwich. (God, reading this back...it's no wonder I'm overweight). 

So, today has been a failure.  I'm a little disappointed in myself...but I still think that I can do this.  I'm going to do my first workout in months tomorrow.  I am going to start Day One of the Couch to 10K program.  Hopefully that will help jump start things a bit.  I also need to stick to my meal plan (now that we have food in the house)...what's the point of typing it out if I'm not going to follow it, right? Oh! I am also going to read chapter one of Women, Food, and God by Geneen Roth.  I'm going to try to write a reflection of chapter one when I'm done. 

P.S. They are building a Whole Foods ten to fifteen away from my house...this will be the first one on my side of town.  I truly believe that this is a sign!  Day One, Part II...here I come!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment