Monday, May 31, 2010

Couch to 10K

I did it!!!  I did my first day of Couch to 10K and I feel really good!  It was actually pretty easy.  After each 30 second run, I felt like I could keep going.  Maybe I'm not as out of shape as I thought that I was.  Forty minutes...239 calories burned...2.42 miles.  Not bad for the first day. 

It was actually kind of fun.  AND I got to catch up on my Biggest Loser episodes.  I was walkin' and a runnin' and a cryin'.  It was great! 

It was actually so great that I've decided to do Couch to 5K every other day.  So, I will do Couch to 10K on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays...and I will do Couch to 5K on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.  I hope that I'm not being overly ambitious.  As I was running, the idea came to me.  I think that it will be an awesome way to get my cardio in.  If it becomes too much, I'll stop the Couch to 5K...but for now, IT'S ON!!!  WOOHOO!  DAY ONE!

 Here's what the app looks like on my phone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment