Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I Did It!!!!

I made my first Green Monster!!!  And it was good!  Even though everyone said that you wouldn't be able to taste the spinach at all...I was super nervous about trying it!  I am pretty amazed right now!

Here's my recipe...

  • 1/2-3/4 of a banana
  • 1 cup of spinach
  • 1 container of Kroger Vanilla CarbMaster Yogurt
  • 1/2 cup of almond milk
  • 15 grams of Vega Smoothie Infusion
  • 1 tsp of milled flax

And voila!!!


It ended up being super sweet...I'm assuming it was the yogurt.  It was actually a little too sweet.  The next time, I'll probably try to use Greek yogurt...either plain or vanilla.  We'll see.  Oh!  Another thing is that it was pretty low in calories...lower than the other smoothies that I have been making.  I can see myself making one of these after a workout or something.

Yesterday was my weekly grocery trip and I continued my new trend of going to Harry's.  After perusing the health food aisles of my local grocery store...I went to Life, a natural foods store around the corner from my house.  And then...Harry's.

After coming home, I promptly start bagging up my foods into serving sizes using snack bags and sandwich bags...then I cut my fruit for the next couple of days.  Afterwards, my fridge was packed...


I finally cut my watermelon and we will now have watermelon for days!!!  That whole shelf above the fruit is filled with watermelon.

The fridge has definitely come a long way from the days of being filled with only styrofoam take out containers.

Well, I'm gonna try to enjoy my day...even though I have tons to do.  Hopefully, we can try to get our save the dates out today (*fingers crossed*)

0 comments:

Post a Comment