Sunday, July 25, 2010

My First "Real" Trip to TJ's, *Surprise* & Chu-chu-chu Cheetah's!

Today, I am recuperating.  I don't think that I will even get a workout in.  It's gonna be a "lazy, lay on the couch all day" kinda day...which is fine with me because I haven't had one in awhile.

My fiance and I went to a surprise party for a friend last night!  I'm a homebody...but it was nice getting together with friends!

This picture was clearly taken at the end of the night...as denoted by my fiance's eyes.

I didn't eat before we went to the party...which was probably a mistake.  There wasn't much food that I could eat...barbecue chicken, potato salad, beans, and corn bread.  I don't eat chicken or potato salad...the beans were cooked with meat...and I decided to stay clear of the corn bread.  I had a couple of tortilla chips AND I did indulge in a brownie or two...or three (they were really small).  I also had one drink...which is very good for me.
After the party, I got some seafood bisque soup to go from the Marietta Diner.

Not my actual soup.  This is just a cup...I got a big old bowl!

The diner is in the neighborhood.  The food is not great (to me).  But it's open late and I do enjoy the seafood bisque!

The soup was salty...and I really shouldn't have eaten it so late.  And I really shouldn't have eaten a nice size portion of my fiance's fries.  But at least we had fun!!!

Another excitement from this weekend was my "first" trip to Trader Joe's.  Okay...of course, I've been to TJ's before.  My first trip actually happened years ago!  But this was my first trip as a "healthy eater."  I was AMAZED by both the prices and all of the yummy treats.  I really had to restrain myself and try to stick to my list.  

The only extra item that I did get was...

Trader Joe's Smoked Salmon and Spinach Filled Crepes

I don't know why out of all of the yummy foods there, I decided to go with frozen crepes...but I threw it in the cart.

They looked like this...

Three crepes was one serving.  210 calories and 10 grams of protein.  They were...uh, not the greatest.  They needed to be topped with a sauce or something.  It was recommended to eat them with a salad...but I just had an orange.  They were also very rich...had my stomach a little upset with me later.  I don't know what I am going to do with the additional 7 crepes that are still in the freezer.  Definitely a miss:(

Something else new that I tried this weekend was Kailey from Snackface's chu-chu-chu cheetahs (a.k.a. sweet potato chips).

They are supposed to have those little dark marks on them.

Another bad picture of my food.  I need some tips:(

I had my chu-chu's with a veggie hot dog on a 100% whole wheat bun.  Not the healthiest meal (no green), but it did the trick for Friday night.

So, that is my weekend in a nutshell.  I need to get back to my horizontal position on the couch.  I really need to eat.  It's passed noon and all I've had is some cranberry pomegranate juice.  This is the problem with eating so late.  It's gonna be a light day since I over-did it yesterday...which is fine cause I don't have the energy to cook much anyway!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment