Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday Weigh In?

I started this post yesterday...but I ended up going to the outlets with my mom, so I was never able to finish.  I don't know if this is allowed in the blog-world, but I'm just gonna pretend that it is Monday again...

Well, this is it.  The last Monday weigh in for awhile.  It's funny...even though I said that I would be giving up the scale for four weeks, I woke up this morning thinking that that I would give it one more week.  I figured that I would be able to see my total weight loss for my summer break if I gave it one more week.  AND my OCD told me that if I did one more week I would be taking the whole month of August off.  I like even things...and multiples of 5 (I know...don't ask).

So, I went to the bathroom...and hopped on the scale.  129.2!  I was happy that I hadn't gained again since I did the sneak peak after my sneak peak.  When I thought about my week, I hadn't exactly been as healthy as I could have been...but I did my best and that is all that you can do, right?

Anyway, the funny (...or not so funny) thing is, I immediately started thinking about weighing in next week.  Was I gonna lose?  Was I gonna go up!?!?  How was that gonna make me feel?  Will I hit the ten pound mark?  All these questions floated around my head minutes after I stepped off the scale.

That's when I realized that this would definitely have to be the last week for awhile.  It just isn't healthy.  I didn't even give myself a second to celebrate my loss before I was already contemplating the next time I would be getting on that stupid scale.  So that was it....and the scale was banished.

My scale's new home...it's at the top of my closet on top of Carson's cage. 

Kind of liberating...kinda scary.  My only real fear is that it will affect my eating.  I'm afraid that without having that D-day at the end (or beginning) of each week that I won't feel the same accountability.  But we will see.  I say I am in this for the long haul...for a healthy lifestyle and this will definitely be the test.

Anyway, here are my stats...

DATE       WEIGHT       BODY FAT (%)    HYDRATION (%)           BMI
5/31             138.4                28.6                       49.9                      27.0
6/13             137.2                28.2                       50.2                      26.8
6/28             133.8                27.4                       50.8                      26.1
7/5               133.8                27.2                       50.9                      26.1
7/12             130.6                26.2                       51.6                      25.6
7/19             131.0                26.2                       51.6                      25.6
7/26             129.2                25.6                       52.0                      25.2

I have lost a 9.2 lbs in 6 weeks...which I truly think is phenomenal.  I'm proud that I did it the right way.  Without dieting or restricting what I eat.  Yes, I still track my calories...yes, I do stay away from certain foods...and yes, I did/do exercise daily.  But these are all things that I don't mind doing...these are all things that inevitably make me pretty happy.  I have never felt so healthy in my life...and I still get to eat brownies and tortilla chips on occasion...how awesome is that!?!?

Also, on a side note, I tried another recipe this weekend.  POM "chicken" with brown rice and spinach...it was another yummy treat from Greenlitebites.com.

INGREDIENTS

  • 4 oz POM juice
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1 tsp dried tarragon
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper
  • Quorn "chicken"
  • About 2 cups cooked brown rice
  • 2-3 cups of baby spinach
Whisk the POM juice, honey, vinegar, tarragon, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Submerge the "chicken." The recipe says to marinate for at at least a half an hour...but 10-15 minutes is okay with the Quorn "chicken." Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and spray with a non-stick cooking spray. Place the "chicken" in the hot pan and cook according to directions.  Once cooked, add the marinade to the pan. Bring it to a boil. Add the cooked rice, and then the baby spinach.  Stir in the spinach until it just starts to wilt.  Then it is ready to serve!!!



 Is it looking any better than usual?!  My college roommate has a food blog and her food always looks SOOOO good...I need to ask her what I'm doing wrong (maybe it's cause half the time I use my iPhone camera:))

I had to thank Roni for her wonderful recipe.  I've started using Greenlitebites each week when I make my weekly meal plans.  So helpful.  
Okay...I need some nourishment.  NOW!  I may walk to Whole Foods to get some applesauce and coffee.  A couple of my favorite bloggers keeps writing about Green Monster muffins...and I'm feeling an obligation to make them (YUM!). 

0 comments:

Post a Comment