Monday, July 12, 2010

RECIPE FAVE: Seviche-Style Shrimp and Avocado Tacos

I have been wanting to organize all of my healthy, yummy recipes in one place for awhile now...and what better place to do it than my blog.  I've "borrowed" the majority of these recipes from my favorite bloggers and/or websites.  Some, I've adapted...and some I've followed to a tee.  I'm excited that they will all be in one place from now on.  Should make my weekly meal planning much easier!!!

Seviche-Style Shrimp and Avocado Taco

3 limes or lime juice
1 cup chopped tomato
1 cup diced peeled avocado (about 1 avocado)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound cooked peeled medium shrimp
12 (6-inch) corn tortillas

Add tomato, lime juice, avocado, cilantro and seasonings in a large bowl.  Heat shrimp and season shrimp.  Heat tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 1/2 cup shrimp mixture down center of each tortilla; fold in half. Serve immediately.  
CALORIES 261 (27% from fat); FAT 7.8g (sat 1.3g,mono 3.8g,poly 1.8g); IRON 3.1mg; CHOLESTEROL 115mg; CALCIUM 114mg; CARBOHYDRATE 30.3g; SODIUM 498mg; PROTEIN 19.5g; FIBER 5g

Adapted from Cooking Light, July 2005

0 comments:

Post a Comment