- 2 medium portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 avocado
- 3 Tbsp low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 hamburger buns or sandwich thins, lightly toasted
- 1 roasted red pepper, large (from a jar)
- 2 Tbsp. feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Add mushrooms to skillet. Add salt, pepper and Worcestshire sauce. Cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. Add roasted red peppers. Transfer mushrooms and peppers to plate.
Meanwhile, combine 1/2 of the avocado, yogurt, garlic and salt and pepper in food processor. Process until smooth.
Spoon onions and roasted peppers Spread smooth Avocado mixture on bottom of each bun; top each with stuffed mushrooms, onions and roasted peppers. Sprinkle feta on burger.
Adapted from About.com: Vegetarian Foods