Monday, May 2, 2011

Countdown

I am feeling not so good today.

Work sucks...everything sucks.

I am counting down the days until I no longer have to wake up, go to work...and deal with my students who are just as ready to leave as I am.  I am REALLY counting down until one particular "cutie" becomes somebody else's problem goes on to first grade (this one has actually had me seriously contemplating a career change or at least a grade change)...

I am counting down until I no longer have to see my stressed out beloved co-workers who no longer want to be there either (I really do love them dearly for 191 days a year)...

I am counting down the days until I can work on my dissertation without interruption (I must start so that I can finish.  The stress looming over my head is beginning to become unbearable AND if I hear one more person ask "When are you going to be finished?" I may just "stab them in the clavicle")...

I am counting down the days until I can plan for next school year (I CANNOT and WILL NOT spend another year in survival mode)...

I am counting down the days until I can focus on my weight loss...go to hot yoga three times a week, take a spinning class or two and run freely inside or out, morning or afternoon...

I am counting down the days until I no longer have a bed time and do not need to set my alarm clock...

I am counting down the days until I have the energy to clean my house and do my laundry...

I am counting down the days until I can watch Regis and Kelly, The View, The Doctors and General Hospital...go to Trader Joe's and T.J. Maxx during the day...get my eyebrows done at 10 am...and generally pretend that I am a housewife...

I am counting down the days until I can actually check things off of my to do list...

I am counting down the days until I can park my truck and no longer put $120 into its huge-mungus tank once a week...

I am counting down the days until I can work on my front and back yard...dig in the soil...and clean off and re-stain my deplorable junk yard deck...

I am counting down the days until I can wear yoga pants and a sports bra every day...

I am counting down the days until I do not feel like having a drink every day at 4 pm...

I am counting down the days until I can finish decorating my bedroom (I have not had hardware on my drawers in over six months.  Hardware is essential for opening drawers.  Very annoying)...

I am counting down the days until I can read my magazines (Women's Health, O, Whole Living, Fitness, Shape, and Self...I miss you)...

I am counting down the days until bootcamp is over (The novelty has definitely worn off. I actually skipped it today because I am so super tired, stressed, and borderline depressed.  I changed into my workout clothes and everything, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it)...

I am counting down the days until I can clean out my inboxes and hard drives...

I am counting down the days until I can just say NO and quit (my unhealthy habit has turned me into nothing but a hypocritical, oxymoron)...

I am counting down the days until I no longer have to do my hair every day and/or night (twisting sucks!!)...

I am counting down the days until my honeymoon (Viva Mexico!!!)...

I am counting down the days until my husband and I can hang out, be lazy, and spend some QUALITY time together (preferably on the couch)...

I am counting down the days until I can read my healthy living blogs and write my own blog guilt-free without worrying about the million and one other things that I really should be doing...

Sixteen days and counting...