Sunday, May 8, 2011

Skin Update...and other stuff

So, no weekly weigh in today. I'm not sure if I would have lost this week or not. My calories were pretty good (sans Cinco de Mayo)...AND I got 16 miles in this week. I feel relieved that I didn't have to get on the scale...but I have to admit that I have been curious. We'll see if I reach my goal of 125 lbs on May 22.

Skin is coming along. I've been pretty consistent with my routine. I've even been taking care of the skin on my body too. I feel like my face looks better. But whenever I take a picture it doesn't look that great.
Week 4...Nice shot of a new little pimple!
Day One
I tried a lemon and egg white mask today. Not sure how I liked it. I'm going to try to keep it up at least twice a week. Lemon is supposed to lighten your skin...so we'll see if it evens it out.

I'm getting kind of frustrated and I've been thinking about going to the dermatologist. Hopefully the vitamins and my regimen will make a difference soon. I think quitting will help too.

Today was pretty productive. Brunch with mom, her friend, and my husband (no pics...I have to get better).

I also made some of Gina's Amaze-balls!

Yummy Balls!!!!!

INGREDIENTS
2 Tbsp. almond butter
2 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut
1 Tbsp. honey
1 packet chocolate rice protein
a pinch of sea salt, Stevia, and cinnamon
1 Tbsp. dark chocolate chips

They were super yum! I'm kinda disappointed that they are only 5 grams of protein (seems kind of low for protein balls)...but I am pleasantly surprised that they are only 112 calories...and REALLY good!

The first time that I tried almond butter, I wasn't a fan. But I have definitely acquired the taste! I'm excited about trying sunflower butter next!




I also made some PMS Banana, yogurt and walnut muffins. I used some super ripe bananas and some light agave that I found at Kroger. They are not super sweet, but sweet enough. I think that they will be a good addition to my vanilla Greek yogurt snack this week.




I also made some Tuna...with Avocado, Yogurt and Celery

INGREDIENTS
2 3 oz. cans of solid tuna
1/2 avocado (pureed)
2 celery stalks
1 Tbsp. green onions, chopped
1 Tbsp. Greek yogurt
1 tsp. dijon mustard
salt and pepper, some cayenne and garlic powder

Makes 2 very yummy servings!:)

This is what I had to clean up after my afternoon of cooking...I'm a messy cook!
Last week was Cinco de Mayo...a day that I always get super excited about. One reason that I love it is that my husband and I always go to our favorite little Mexican hole in the wall, The Border (not to be confused with On the Border).

This place is extra special because the staff is awesome! They know us at this point...and we have nicknames for all of the employees ("Bout Business," "Over It," "Mama," "Kinky Curly"...we love them all!) It's also special because this is the place where my husband proposed:)

Every year, the Border gives away t-shirts on Cinco de Mayo!

2011 Border Shirts!!!
We've gotten shirts for the past 5 years...it's a tradition for us at this point and I couldn't imagine spending May 5 anywhere else. The shirts always have little funny characters on them.

Still counting down until the end of the school year. Last week was particularly trying. Every year around this time, it seems that everyone in the building loses their minds...the kids, the faculty, the staff AND the administration. The morale at the school is super low...and mine may be even lower. It is so good that summer will be here in 12 days.

I'm also getting excited about YOGA SUMMER 2011. I was debating between two different yoga places...my old studio, Atlanta Hot Yoga and Red Hot Yoga, a new place that just opened 8 or 9 months ago. I decided to go to RHY...I've never been there, but it is owned by Bethany, my favorite yoga instructor from AHY (and I l-o-v-e her!!!). Three times a week, I will be doing downward dog this summer. I bought a 5 day pass from Living Social a month ago...and I plan to buy a 20 class pass this summer. So excited!!!!!!

Living Social has had a lot of great deals recently. I just purchased one month unlimited boot camp at BodyProud Fitness. It was only $29 (It's usually $89!...and you get a fitness consultation). I'm going to start in June...twice/week. I hope I like it!

I'm also going to buy a pass (today) to this place called Mandala Yoga. The deal is 20 fitness classes for $20 (it's usually $200!!! You cannot beat that!) They offer Zumba at this place and if I just go two or three times, I think that I will have gotten my money's worth. I'll probably start that after the honeymoon!

Okay...I need to fight these SNB (SNB = Sunday Night Blues; They come every Sunday around 5 or 6 pm...sometimes earlier depending how much I am dreading the impending week.) Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. I used to work on Circle 75 Pkwy and we used to go to the Border all the time!

    ReplyDelete