Tonight from Anne, I made "Chicken" Shawarma Pita Pitza (vegetarian style).
Vegetarian "Chicken" Shawarma Pita Pitza
Adapted from FANNEtastic food
- 4 whole wheat pita, toasted
- Hummus, about 2 Tbsp per pitza
- Fresh tomato, 2-3 slices per pitza
- Fresh parsley (I didn't have any parsley so I cut up some spinach for color)
- "Chicken" Shawarma (see below)
- Cucumber Yogurt Garlic sauce (see below)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bag of Quorn Chik'n pieces
- 6 oz container non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice from 1 whole lemon
- 1/3 of a cucumber, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Shawarma, mix ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over Quorn chik'n pieces and mix (make sure all of the pieces are covered with the marinade). Let sit while you make cucumber yogurt garlic sauce.
Toast the pita. Once finished toasting, spread hummus...lay 2-3 tomato slices on top of the hummus...then add the "chicken." Top some CYG sauce and some parsley (or spinach).
|the finished product!!|
This was so dee-licious!!!!...and pretty easy too. I can't wait to have the leftovers for lunch. Thanks again, Anne!!!!
I wanna write an update on my trip to Red Hot Yoga yesterday...but I am so extremely tired. Two workouts a day has been kicking my butt. Maybe tomorrow. G'Night!!