Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Going Out to Eat & Take Out

Going out to eat and take out is DEFINITELY my downfall.  I love being served yummy foods and enjoying some drinks and on special occasions...DESSERTS!   But going out to eat and ordering take out is nice very nice on my hips or my wallet.  I find that it is so hard to practice self control.

It might be because I don't love to cook.  I like it...but I definitely don't LOVE it.  And maybe I feel a little guilty when I don't prepare a wonderful meal for my fiance.  I feel like ordering out is my way of preparing something good for dinner.

But how can I change this pattern.  Every time that I set up "rules" for myself, I always break them.  So, what to do?  Okay.  I am going to try to eat/order out only one time each week for the rest of the summer.  The only exceptions will be if friends are in town or if something is planned with other people.  That seems fair.  As long as it is just me and my fiance...ONCE A WEEK.  We'll see how it goes.  Hopefully, I can stick to it.  Last night, we had Mexican so that is it for the week.  Each week will start on Sunday...so between now and then, we need to either go to the refrigerator or the grocery store.

0 comments:

Post a Comment