Thursday, July 1, 2010

Going Public


So, I have been contemplating the idea of sharing this site with (some of) my friends...but I have been a little apprehensive for a couple of reasons.

1.  I don't want knowing that people may actually read this to inhibit what or how I write.  I don't want to hold back because something might sound dorky or that I'm embarrassed about the way that I feel about something.  I like using the site as a private little diary.
2.  Ummm...did you see my before pictures.  That one from behind still frightens me.
3.  Who cares, right??!  I mean, do people really care that I drank a peanut butter and banana smoothie for breakfast.  Not sure if the site is really that interesting.  My fiance didn't seem overly interested about even looking at the site. 
4.  After this summer, I'm not sure if the site will even still be in existence.   Once school starts, who knows if I will still update.  I mean...a dissertation...a new class...and a wedding.  I probably won't have the time.
5.  I feel more comfortable with the idea of strangers reading it.  Not sure why.  Well, I think that I know why, but I can't really put it into words.

So, it sounds like I don't want to go public at all, right?  Let's see...reasons to share.

1.  The reason that I started blogging is because some website said that it could help motivate me with my weight loss journey.  The site also recommended sharing with friends and family so that they can help encourage you.
2.  I have had weight and/or exercise conversations with 3 friends this week alone.  Maybe it could be a cool forum to talk about issues of weight loss (though I don't think that everyone is quite as obsessed as I am)
3.  I think that it's getting better every day...which makes me want to share.  I added the pics and the labels and the recommended blogs.  Who am I doing that for if I'm not willing to share, right?

Okay.  I'm still undecided.  Am I just embarrassed?  Or shy?  I don't know.  Maybe after I lose goo-gobs of weight, I can share my journey.  I don't know.  Maybe I'll start with just one...

UPDATE:  I did it.  I am now public...I mean, if you count four people as the public.

0 comments:

Post a Comment