Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy


I wanted to post because I was sitting here and an overwhelming feeling of happiness came over me.  I don't know if it is because of my wonderful smoothie this morning.  I don't know if its because I am still on summer vacation.  I don't know if its because I continue to get my daily exercise in...but it just hit me.

I've said this before, but its worth saying again.  I feel like I'm getting it.  I freakin' drank my breakfast and it was enough.  There was a time period at the end of the year that I wasn't satisfied unless I had a latte from Starbucks and a white bagel and cream cheese.  There were months that went by and I was not moving.  I feel myself changing.  And yes, I still secretly hold on to some of my vices...but I am learning that that is what balance is about.  I'm always trying to find balance, and I feel myself getting closer.

Of course, I wonder and worry whether this time will be it.  I have had successes before where I thought that I would never go back.  And no, this time doesn't feel different...I don't think it does.  I can only take it a day at a time...and hope that I have learned.  And hope that I will be able to remember how hard it is to get the weight off.  How hard it is to put in the work necessary to to get this fat off my thighs.  We will see.  But for now, I am just happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment