Thursday, July 1, 2010

RECIPE FAVES: My First Smoothie!

So, for years (yes, years), I have been saying that I am going to start drinking smoothies for breakfast.  But up until now the idea of drinking my breakfast was less than exciting.  But this morning, I decided to use some of the food that I had in my house to make my very first smoothie.  Here's the recipe that I used.

Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie

This simple recipe includes bananas with peanut butter
Ingredients:

1 banana cut into chucks
3 tbsp of peanut butter
1 cup of skim milk
1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt
1/2 scoop soy protein

Directions:

Blend the banana, milk, and soy protein until well blended. Next mix the yogurt with the peanut butter together before blending them. Add them to the blender and blend till smooth, creamy texture is formed.


Instead of soy milk, I used skim milk...and then I added some vanilla soy protein powder that is probably rotten because I bought it years ago.  I also used Kroger Carbmaster vanilla yogurt instead of just plain yogurt.

As one serving, it would have been way too many calories.  Around 535.  So, I split it in half, putting the other half in the fridge.  267 calories is definitely a light breakfast...so I think I might grab an apple (even though I know that will be carb overload).  The smoothie was actually pretty good.  I don't know if it is my new refined taste buds or if it really is tasty...either way, I'm pretty happy with my new found concoction.

UPDATE:  No apple for me.  When I put my calories in, half a smoothie was around 372 calories...which is a whole meal for me.  It's okay...because I AM full.  May have some green tea though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment