Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Injury

Well, I guess I'm officially a "runner."  I have an injury!  After I worked out yesterday, my left knee didn't feel quite right.  By the time that I went to bed, it was bothering me more than it has ever bothered me before.  And when I woke up this morning, it still hurt.  It hurts to bend it...and walking on it feels a bit weird too.

This knee has always been somewhat of a problem.  Never anything major...it just felt odd at times.  It's hard to really even explain. 

Anyway, now I'm trying to decide what to do.  Should I take a day off from working out?  Should I invest in a knee brace?  Should I call a doctor?

Hopefully, it will just go away.

UPDATE:  I think it's runner's knee.  Just did a little internet research.  I'm going to get a knee brace...and some anti-inflammatory painkillers.  I'm gonna continue doing Shred and see how it feels to walk on the treadmill.  If that's too much, I might get some batteries for the bike.

UPDATE (AGAIN):  My fiance and I actually think that it is jumper's knee...which is a little different.  I bought a strap that goes right under my kneecap and it is feeling a little bit better.   But now my right ankle feels weird...so annoying!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment