Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Physique 57 Review

Okay...so I just finished my Physique 57 DVD.  I have to admit that I liked it better than the very first time I did it...which was probably about a year ago.  I'm definitely in better shape now...and even though I followed P57's "Anita," I felt like I got a pretty good workout.

Now, here are my pros and cons:

PROs
1)  It gave me a good little workout.  My thighs and bottom were burning and I worked up a sweat.  I can definitely still feel my thighs quivering a bit...but I'm not super sore. (I think that I may have been "phoning it in" again since it was my first time). 
2)  I liked that I didn't have to wear sneakers.  It made it feel a little more like yoga or pilates.
3)  It was low impact.  I didn't have one issue with my knee.
4)  The workout incorporates weights and I can up the weights as my body adapts.
5)  There's an "Anita!!"  I like that I can work my way up to "Natalie." (I don't know the names of the chicks in this DVD...so I'm gonna just stick with the names of JM's girls).

CONs
1)  Props.  I hate that I have to use a chair.  I wish that I had an actual ballet bar in my gym.  The chair is just not the same.
2)  Space.  My gym is small (its a bedroom with a lot of equipment).  It's hard for me to stretch my body out without bumping into the weight machine.
3)  The instruction during the part with the chair/ballet bar.  There were times that I didn't know what she wanted me to be doing.  Push it out...pull it up...pulse it!?!?  I was lost.
4)  The freakin' pretzel leg lift thing.  WTF?!!?!?
5)  The lady leading the "class" (I need to get her name) can be a little annoying.  She's super hype!  But it's not too bad.

I'm going to keep doing it at least for the next two weeks.  I still feel like I need to get some cardio in on the days that I do P57.  I'm going to walk later today.

Oh!  I finally printed out and hung my workout calendar for the rest of July.  This is my schedule for this week.

Monday-C210K
Tuesday-P57; cardio
Wednesday-C210K
Thursday-P57; cardio
Friday-C210K
Saturday-C210K
Sunday-P57

Usually, I would rest on Sunday, but I am a day behind on C210K (as usual)...so I had to squeeze in one more workout on Sunday. 

Okay...protein shake time!!!  I got hungry sitting here typing.  Then off to read some articles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment