Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Heart Healthy Living Blogs!

First, I must say that I love spring break!  It's one of the biggest perks of being a teacher...only second to summer break.  Of course, the joy of teaching the tomorrow's leaders is always number one.  I mean, that is the best part of being an educator.  There are lots of reasons that I love being an educator.  But the best part of the job of teaching is being off the clock at 3:00, holidays, and winter, spring, and summer breaks!  


Breaks are my little taste of what it would be like to be a housewife (something that I doubt that I will be fortunate enough to do in my lifetime).  I love getting up whenever...working out whenever...watching stupid morning television shows every day.  Regis and Kelly, The Doctors, and the View all make me think of the summer...I love it!  


One additional thing that I love about breaks is that I get to catch up on my blogs.  Oh, how I've missed my blogs.  I forgot how motivated they make me.  It's funny how reading about someone else's workout or looking at what someone ate for lunch can motivate you to stay on track yourself.  I really do think that blogs contributed greatly to my weight loss last summer.  And I'm definitely glad that they are back in my life:)


The newest blog that I am reading is called A Healthy Shot of Life.  Katy is a relatively new blogger, but her posts are really refreshing and fun to read.  She posted some thoughts (that were actually posted from another site) yesterday that really made me think.  


- Make time to pray, play more games, read more books.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.

- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.

- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business. 
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- God heals everything.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change. 

- The best is yet to come.
- When you awake alive in the morning, thank God for it. 


This is how I want to live my life.  There are so many great thoughts here...that it is a tad bit overwhelming.  My top five are:  


- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about. 
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does. 
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. 
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you. 
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip. 

They are all wonderful thoughts...but these are the five that I need to focus on for myself right now.  I may need to go to Peanut Butter Fingers to read the whole post.


As far as dissertation progress...well, yesterday was a bust.  I went to the outlets with my mom to get a fix for my latest obsession...CLOTHES (oh how I've missed clothes).  I found out that I am a size 6 again.  Very nice.  I bought some pants...even though I plan to continue to lose weight.  They were great deals and maybe I'll get them tailored one day (soon).


I went to the doctor...the big girl doctor.  I didn't actually see the doctor, but I got a ultrasound of my fibroids.  They seem to be on the outside...which is a good thing.  I have about 5.  The big one is about 4 inches in diameter...a small orange!!!  I can actually feel them when I am laying flat on my stomach.  Kinda weird.  Anyway, like I said, them being on the outside is a good thing in terms of pregnancy.  I can't wait to talk to my doctor, so that she can tell me what I need to do to start preparing myself for future babies.  I'll be following up with her soon.


My husband and I also took a random drive to enjoy the day.  We ended up in Hicksville, Georgia...but on the way back we found a Gap that seemed to be abandoned.  It was so great...lots of sales and no one else to compete with!  Woohoo!  It might be worth a drive back.


Ended the night with a dinner at Marlow's Tavern in Kennesaw.  The food was quite tasty...and there was a guy singing and playing the guitar.  Fun stuff.  I had two glasses of wine last night which has caused me to have a slow start today.  I woke up at 5ish...and (for the next five hours) I have been sitting on the couch, watching TV, reading blogs and checking ebay ever since.  Not so productive.  Hopefully, I can get out of this indentation on the couch and actually do something today.  I only have four more days to get my work done including today.


As I reclaim my love of blogs, I realized that I LOVE to look at all of the pictures.  I want to start putting pictures on my blog again...without becoming to obsessive.  It started to feel like a pain to upload pics last summer.  I don't know...we'll see.  I definitely want to be more mindful of taking pics.  I think that it is such a good way to document your life.  Even if I am just doing it for me. 


I've started the day by trying to do something nice for someone...I made tea for my husband (He's a tea-aholic).  Hope it makes him smile. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment