Sunday, April 3, 2011

My brain is fried...

I feel like I want to cry.  I spent a good 5 or 6 hours on dissertation stuff, but I don't feel like I have even made a dent in my work.  I'm happy that I that I've gotten started, but I still have SO much to do.  I'm trying not to feel overwhelmed.  I want to do more, but I am at that point that I cannot think anymore.  

I need to try to be proud of myself for getting started.  I'm still kicking myself for not starting yesterday like I was supposed to.  I'm also worried about it I am really understanding everything that I am taking notes on.  I'll definitely have to go back and re-read all of the notes that I have taken today...I may even need to take notes in the little notes column.

Tomorrow, I may need to refrain from reading the whole article and just skim for definitions.  If I continue to read and take notes on the entire article, I won't be able to finish everything for this week.  The purpose was not to read for my lit review, but to make a definition table.  I need to keep reminding myself of that.  
I had an idea to take my notes, print them out...then put them on notecards.  I will put the citation on a label on the back of the notecard.  Hopefully, that will help me stay organized while I'm writing.  

SO MUCH TO READ...

I need to just breathe.

I still need to run/walk (first day of 2:30 each)...I'm kind of scared.   I think that I am supposed to run for 67 minutes too.  Yikes!  I need to just go upstairs and put on my workout clothes so that I can get motivated. (Why do I just wanted to catch up on my blogs and read my InStyle?)

I've had a munchy day.  I should have never bought those stupid veggie chips!  I guess that I'm munching more cause I'm stressed...and I'm working in the kitchen.  (I'm not going to get into how I wish that I had an office...)

Anyway, maybe if I read a blog or two it'll motivate me to work out.  We'll see.

Two days down...seven more to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment