Saturday, April 16, 2011

New Face Regimen

Okay...for the past couple of weeks I have been thinking that I need to exfoliate. My skin has been looking dull and my dark spots aren't going anywhere. The more that I read, the more that I think that exfoliation might be the answer.

So here is what I am going to try for awhile.

Morning
Neutragena Acne Wash
Moisturizer

Evenings
Gentle Skin Face Wash & Organic Baking Soda Scrub
Apple Cider Vinegar (leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse with cool water)
Moisturizer

1-3X Weekly
Egg White and Lemon Mask (I may add some honey for moisture...but organic honey is SO expensive)

Hopefully, that will take care of these dead skin cells and will even out my skin. I'm going to work on that morning regimen. It needs to be simple because I'm usually running behind in the morning. I read today that you really don't need to wash your face with soap in the morning...I might just use some Cetaphil (or the generic version that is much cheaper) in the AM.

I may also add some oatmeal or honey or something to that mask. Need to keep doing research.

Lastly, I'm going to start some supplements for hair, nails and skin again.

Tried it today and my face feels pretty soft. We'll see how it goes. Here is my before pic.


Looks a little red...hopefully this regimen will even it out a bit. (Nice eyebrows:))

Hopefully, I will remember to post an after pic in a week or two.

*UPDATE:  I just changed my regimen to mix the baking soda with a sensitive skin wash instead of using the acne wash twice a day.  Also, my face was less red this morning...and I (think) that I can notice a difference.  Though, I do think that there is still a lot of dead skin that needs to come off. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment